Cayman Weather

Natural catastrophes and other disasters can strike with little or no warning. Being prepared can help keep your family and home safe. NOAA is predicting a 70 percent likelihood of 10 to 16 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 5 to 9 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 1 to 4 major hurricanes (Category 3, 4 or 5; winds of 111 mph or higher). This year an average season is likely (40 percent), with a 35 percent chance of a above-normal season, and a 25 percent chance of a below-normal season.



Click here to view a satellite view of the Caribbean in motion.

2018 Hurricane Names

Alberto, Beryl, Chris, Debby, Ernesto, Florence, Gordon, Helene, Isaac, Joyce, Kirk, Leslie, Michael, Nadine, Oscar, Patty, Rafael, Sara, Tony, Valerie, William

Click here to download a storm tracker chart.

Safety tips for dealing with Mother Nature:

Hurricanes Floods Fires Earthquakes


Weather Links